Is found in
- English programme for Health, Education and Welfare, programme stage 1
This is a single course unit.
Total study time: 270,00 hours
Possible deadlines for learning account: 15.03.2019 ()
Organisation of education
Teaching Activities, Learning Activities, Assessment Activities
Supervised independent work270,00 hours
This course unit is marked out of 20 (rounded to an integer).
Re-sit exam: is possible.
Co-ordinator: Verstraete Els
Other teaching staff: Labeau Sonia
Language course: No
Scheduled for: Semester 2
It is appropriate to justify why this course was included in the training program.
'Internship 1a' can be considered as an essential part of the study program to prepare the student on all nursing roles (nursing professional, health promotor, care manager, evidence based practitioner, manager of personal development).
Year 2: internship 2a and 2b
Year 3: internship 3a and 3b
Year 4: internship 4a and 4b
All courses of standard educational route 1e student on all nursing roles (nursing professional, health promotor, care manager, evidence based practitioner, manager of personal development).
This course consists of internships in at least one of the seven clinical domains.
Order of enrolment
There are no prerequisites for this course.
1. The student can describe the aim and the importance of care planning.
2. The student can describe conceptual frameworks within the fields of psychology and agogics.
3. The student can define and recognize diversity in a plural and democratic society as well as his social responsibility.
4. The student can describe legal and economic principles related to healthcare.
5. The student can denominate the various healthcare professionals involved or referred to in patient care.
6. The student can define the principles and methods for scientifically founded care.
7. The student can denominate the principles of quality of care.
8. The student can determine the importance of reflection and methodologies for reflection with concern for ethical frameworks.
Organisation of education
This course supports, linked to its intrinsic uniqueness, the ability to implement international guest speakers and / or visits in an international context.
Individual counseling of the student mentors, nurses and supervisor in the various wards. Daily self-reflection is recorded by the student on the feedback sheet. This is complemented by mentors and nurses. To better master the skills, the student can use the skills lab.
First examination period
Process and product evaluation.
The mark consists of:
- a mark for the internship where the supervisor gives a mark based on feedback forms, evaluation by the ward nurse / mentor, and personal findings (80%)
- a mark for the internship report: part 1 (10%) and part 2 (10%)
If the absence of the student is not warranted with a legal certificate, he/she will receive an 'A' (absence) for this course (cf. internship syllabus).
The student must follow the instructions bundled in the internship syllabus.
Cf. OER Hogeschool Gent 2017-2018 en FOER Mens en Welzijn 2017-2018
There is no possibility of a second chance evaluation during the second examination period
The price of 2 nursing uniforms is approximately 145 euro. They can be used throughout the program.