Is found in
- English programme for Health, Education and Welfare, programme stage 3
This is a single course unit.
Total study time: 81,00 hours
Possible deadlines for learning account: 01.12.2018 () or 15.03.2019 ()
Organisation of education
This course unit is marked out of 20 (rounded to an integer).
Re-sit exam: is possible.
It is not possible to enrol in this course unit under
- exam contract (to obtain a credit).
- exam contract (to obtain a degree).
Special admission is required to enrol in this course unit under credit contract.
Co-ordinator: Van Snick Kathleen
Other teaching staff: Bens Ann
Language course: No
Scheduled for: Semester 2
We can motivate why we included this course unit in the study program
In professional life , every speech therapist faced with speech therapy / audiology issues. In this course, students learn to assist clinical reasoning namely resolving questions of therapeutic treatment , scientific research together as a group of professionals.
During group discussions, students will focus on looking for information about previously proposed themes. Through discussions, students reflect on their own behavior and that of others, and they expand their knowledge further. In this course, contact with alumni and experts from the field can take place .
The course unit comprises the following parts:
Quality Models in speech language therapy
Therapeutic interventions and clinical reasoning
Order of enrolment
There are no prerequisites for this course.
In The faculty teaching and examination regulations (FOER) one finds the agreements concerning sequencing for this course.
1. Achieve a methodically sound and efficient speech therapy/audiological intervention tailored to the care recipient
2. Offer colleagues, other professionals and trainees constructive support in performing their professional activities
3. Participate actively, and as part of a team, in an interdisciplinary context to achieve common (care) objectives
4. Develop a view about the job profile and its evolution
5. Constantly update their own knowledge of speech therapy/audiological disorders, in various domains of the discipline, along with their assessment and treatment
6. Critically and continuously reflect on their own speech therapy/audiology-related actions
7. Act in an ethically, deontologically and legally correct manner towards care recipients and colleagues
Organisation of education
group discussion guided by coach
Use of the electronic learning platform
Examination methods in case of non-periodic evaluation during the first examination period
The marks are constituted by 2 evaluation moments, partially determined by a group mark and an individual mark.
Group mark (60% of the marks) based on an evaluation of the proces (40%) and on an oral presentation (20%)
Individual mark (40% of the marks) based on peer assessment
Examination methods in case of non-periodic evaluation during the second examination period
Substitute assignment based on the individual shortages of the student.
The evaluation criteria are announced at the beginning of the lectures on the digital platform (Chamilo).
- Author: Kathleen Van Snick
- Edition: 2017-2018
The cost of mandatory written study materiale is estimated at about 5 euros.