Is found in
- IC Education, programme stage 3
- IC Sports program
- Secondary education - sports program: choose for 12 ECTS CREDITS
This is a single course unit.
Total study time: 81,00 hours
Possible deadlines for learning account: 01.12.2021 ()
Organisation of education
Teaching Activities, Learning Activities, Assessment Activities
This course unit is marked out of 20 (rounded to an integer).
Re-sit exam: is possible.
It is not possible to enrol in this course unit under
- exam contract (to obtain a credit).
- exam contract (to obtain a degree).
Co-ordinator: Van Maele Tine Miet
Other teaching staff: De Maegd Katrien
Language course: No
Scheduled for: Semester 1
Through international experiences with students from abroad and visits, the student realizes the following goals:
* From the experiences, position themselves powerfully and expressively as teachers.
* Reflecting on the teaching profession as a result of international participation moments.
* Identify innovative aspects to strengthen their own subject-specific and didactic expertise.
In this course unit, the student is introduced to the various innovative educational practices in Flanders and beyond.
* Characteristics of innovative learning environments for primary and secondary education
* Societal challenges for the education of the future and trends in the current educational field.
Practice component (visits).
* reflecting on innovative education (as a teacher)
* visits to innovative learning environments: e.g. moving education (the Netherlands), outdoor education (Ghent/Antwerp), possibilities within immersion education, architecture of schools (Torcy, France), digital school, international school (Ghent, Brussels).
Order of enrolment
There are no prerequisites for this course.
No prior knowledge of Dutch is required
Basic knowledge of English
|Competencies that are activated by internationalised educational activities.
|The student is able to express himself verbally in at least one language other than the mother tongue, in such a way that he presents detailed descriptions in work-related contexts, on a wide range of topics, and he is quite able to participate in a fluent and spontaneous conversation with native speakers.
|The student listens to the vision and expertise of others and also accepts the relativity of one's own vision and ideas.
|The student acquires knowledge about other cultures and employs this knowledge in an appropriate manner with respect for the uniqueness of each individual human being.
|The student devises innovative solutions to problems he encounters at work or internship.
At the student's request, the educator involved may be consulted.
Evaluation(s) for first exam chance
|Inside Regular exam schedule||Paper||50,00||
|Inside Regular exam schedule||Presentation||50,00||
Evaluation(s) for re-sit exam
|Inside Regular exam schedule||Paper||100,00||
Other study materials
Chamilo: presentations, text material
Depending on the locations (to be determined), transportation and lodging costs will be charged.
The program tries to keep the cost down in consultation with the students (e.g. shared transportation, ...).