Is found in
- IC Education, programme stage 3
- IC Sports program
- Secondary education - sports program: choose for 12 ECTS CREDITS
This is a single course unit.
Total study time: 162,00 hours
Possible deadlines for learning account: 01.12.2021 ()
Organisation of education
Teaching Activities, Learning Activities, Assessment Activities
This course unit is marked out of 20 (rounded to an integer).
Re-sit exam: is possible.
It is not possible to enrol in this course unit under
- exam contract (to obtain a credit).
- exam contract (to obtain a degree).
Co-ordinator: Baetsle Ilse
Language course: No
Scheduled for: Semester 1
Through international experiences with students from abroad and visits, the student achieves the following goals:
* Explains the underlying vision and principles of Freinet pedagogy
* Describes the different aspects of Freinet pedagogy and methodology
* Describes the Freinet pedagogy and methodology into its practical action
* Reflects on own pedagogical and didactic actions with the Freinet pedagogy and methodology as a framework
In this course the student is introduced to the Freinet vision and Freinet practices in Flanders and beyond.
* The principles of experiential, experimental and inquisitive learning, the natural method and experimental exploration.
* Célestin Freinet's vision of life, man and society.
* The principles of Freinet pedagogy (invariants).
* The solidary human being as a goal
* A pedagogy of work, a pedagogy focused on autonomy
* Getting acquainted with Freinet techniques
* Cooperative learning, free expression and communication in Freinet schools
* The context of Freinet education in Ghent and Freinet schools in neighbouring countries, across the language border.
This course unit is open to international incoming students. Specific attention is paid to international exchange.
Order of enrolment
There are no prerequisites for this course.
No prior knowledge of Dutch is required
Basic knowledge of English
|Competencies that are activated by internationalised educational activities.
|The student knows and understands his own frame of reference and worldview and he is able to link these to other view points.
|The student listens to the vision and expertise of others and also accepts the relativity of one's own vision and ideas.
|In an intercultural context, the student develops a working relationship with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders and contributes to an atmosphere of trust.
|The student is able to develop an informed opinion about international social and / or political issues.
|The student is able to independently do his work and / or internship.
|In work-related settings, the student is able to easily connect with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders; he is able to communicate in a clear way, and he is able to function well in a team.
At the student's request, the appropriate educational leader may be consulted.
Evaluation(s) for first exam chance
|Inside Regular exam schedule||Presentation||100,00||
Other study materials
Course materials will be published on the electronic learning environment.
Depending on the locations (to be determined), transportation and lodging costs will be charged.
The program tries to keep the cost down in consultation with the students (e.g. shared transportation, lodging in host families...).