Is found in
- International Curriculum Business, Retail and Languages, programme stage 1
This is a single course unit.
Total study time: 125,00 hours
It is not possible to enrol in this course unit under
- exam contract (to obtain a credit).
- exam contract (to obtain a degree).
Special admission is required to enrol in this course unit under credit contract.
Co-ordinator: Hofman Veerle
Scheduled for: Semester 1
|As an ambassador of the company or organization, and a connector in the company or organization, communicate in a service-oriented and creative manner in an intercultural, international and multidisciplinary context in Dutch, French, English and either German or Spanish (to be selected) with internal and external stakeholders with various profiles. (Dutch: CEFR level C2 / English: receptive skills CEFR level C1, productive skills level B2 / French: receptive skills CEFR level C1, productive skills level B2 / German or Spanish: CEFR level B1)
- Use the productive and receptive language skills purposefully in a general and professional context in French at the CEFR B1 level.
- Integrate the basic principles of emails and social media policy purposefully and independently into his or her professional communication in French.
- Take care of business communication regarding purchase and sales in French.
- Describe and apply language structures in French correctly.
- To recognise and decompose basic structures and to express oneself in a grammatically correct way.
- In function of correct manners, email, social media policy and business communication: skills (reading, listening, writing, interaction in a business and professional context of translation and communication) with attention for grammar, vocabulary, style, spelling.
- Email and social media policy.
- Business letters and emails: give and get information (written), quotations, orders (everything is offered in a business context), vocabulary: achat, vente, demande, offre, commande; formules d'introduction, de politesse, expressions propres au développement et à la conclusion d'écrits professionnels.
- Understanding grammar
- Basic insight in language structures (basic knowledge sentence structures and lexical categories), apply grammar and vocabulary in business context correctly (oral and written).
- Grammar: la demande polie, le conditionnel, les connecteurs et articulateurs logiques + emploi des modes, le gérondif, le participe présent, adj/adv, l'expression d'une appréciation, d'un point de vue, d'un souhait, d'une préférence, d'une nécessité + emploi des modes, l'accord (adj. particpe passé)
- Self study: le système de conjugaison, les pronoms simples.
Organisation of education
Individual feedback discussion with instructor as advisor at student's request.
Monitorate sessions in group Top Assistance!
Evaluation(s) for first exam chance
|Inside Regular exam schedule||Written examination||70,00||
|Outside exam schedule||Skills test||30,00||
|Outside exam schedule||Skills test||0,00||prerequisite to pass: obtain at least 70% on basic module
Evaluation(s) for re-sit exam
|Inside Regular exam schedule||Skills test||0,00||prerequisite to pass: obtain at least 70% on basic module
|Inside Regular exam schedule||Written examination||100,00||
This course unit is marked out of 20 (rounded to an integer).
Re-sit exam: is possible.
The Standard Student Shop will invoice the cost of books and syllabi. You can check prices on their website: https://hogent.standaardstudentshop.be/nosso. Special study costs related to the programme will be invoiced by the faculty per semester.
Study costs related to the programme are general costs, such as copies, business gifts, maintenance of teaching material, etc. These costs will be invoiced in relation to the credits total per academic year. If you take up:
- 0 to 20 credits : 0 euro
- 21 to 40 credits : 5 euros
- 41 - ... : 10 euros
Other costs that will not be invoiced by the faculty but that students need to pay for themselves: printing costs for Chamilo documents, transportation (abroad, field trips, business sightings, workplace, etc.), external and individual seminars, buying a laptop, etc.
There could be extra costs for guest lectures or field trips if an opportunity would arise.
Possible deadlines for learning account: 01.12.2021 ()