Is found in
- International Curriculum Business, Retail and Languages, programme stage 3
This is a single course unit.
Total study time: 200,00 hours
It is not possible to enrol in this course unit under
- exam contract (to obtain a credit).
- exam contract (to obtain a degree).
Special admission is required to enrol in this course unit under credit contract.
Co-ordinator: Synaeve Pascal
Other teaching staff: De Clercq Anne
Scheduled for: Semester 1 or Semester 2
|can develop and implement a financial policy and can take and advise short and long term appropriate financial decisions
|can develop, implement, monitor and adjust a marketing policy
|can develop, monitor and/or adjust a strategic policy
|can communicate effectively in any professional context
|can act ethically and with respect for sustainability principles, in keeping with the professional deontology
|can work in a project-based manner and devise and carry out research step by step and in a professional manner
|can grow from reflection to a self-managing and entrepreneurial professional
Can analyze policy decisions and / or choices in a complex and authentic context and formulate substantiated suggestions with a view to sustainablpolicy development (even when this does not immediately seem appropriate in the short term or only from an economic-financial point of view.)
Can design, evaluate (measure) and adjust an international marketing strategy (plan).
Can make a strategic analysis (internal and external analysis, international) of a company and its position in a certain sector
Can formulate a strategy (internationally) and formulate objectives, taking into account various aspects of CSR
Can design, evaluate (measure) and adjust a marketing strategy (plan).
Is able to implement the marketing strategy itself (implement it yourself and / or brief external service providers)
Can clarify the various risks (commercial, political, financial, legal, ...) associated with business operations and international trade.
Is able to assess the various risks (commercial, political, financial, legal, ...) associated with business operations and international trade in specific business situations
Can communicate effectively and efficiently in writing according to goal and target group.
Can increase the accessibility of a text through a logical and appropriate structure.
Is able to formulate correct, clear, appropriate (business), attractive and efficient.
Can apply the formal requirements of research reports
Can make a text accessible via a suitable layout
Can quote, paraphrase and refer correctly
Can summarize a report (executive summary).
Can communicate effectively and efficiently orally according to goal and target group.
Can choose a suitable communication medium and apply it professionally.
Can defend project results in an appropriate way
can apply project management techniques and principles in a complex context.
Can show an investigative attitude
Can formulate a problem statement
Can derive research questions from the problem statement
Is able to select and apply the appropriate research method (s) based on the research questions (data collection)
Can process the collected data correctly and thus provide answers to multiple research questions
Is able to adjust his future proof skills / take action to remedy and / or excel on the basis of a grown self-insight into his future proof skills, his personality and his talents.
These future proof skills are:
• Can recognize opportunities and act accordingly
• can take initiative and be decisive
• can show courage and willingness to take risks
• Can continue and, despite resistance, defend his goal or opinion
• Can pursue results in a driven way
• Is able to come up with (easy) original and creative solutions by approaching (problem) situations "out-of-the-box" from alternative angles
• Can respond appropriately and efficiently in the event of changing circumstances, time and work pressure, setback or criticism
• Can think ahead in a critical way and anticipate potential obstacles
• Can open himself up to an innovative approach and / or innovative ideas (open-minded)
• Can contribute in a constructive way to a high-quality joint result that transcends his personal interest and thereby shows team spirit.
• Can adhere to collective work agreements and deadlines and timely signals any obstacles to these agreements.
• Can show respect for (the input of) other team members and support them if necessary
• Can express himself in a clear, intelligible and compact manner, supported by the appropriate body language.
• Is able to empathize empathically with and / or take into account the thoughts and feelings of others
• Can listen to others (eye contact, have someone speak out, keep asking questions, etc.)
• Can respond to obtained feedback in a respectful and constructive manner
• Can give feedback to others in an appropriate way
• Is able to critically weigh up the pros and cons of decisions / solutions in order to arrive at well-considered decisions
• Can easily distinguish between main issues and side issues, does not lose himself in details and keeps an overview by working in a structured and structured way "
International marketing strategy
International marketing plan
Risk profile of companies: commercial, political and exchange rate risks.
Project specific communication skills
Reflection future proof skills
1. Linguistic competences
2. Receptive skills
3. Productive and interactive skills
(see separate manual KM Language)
Only plain text can be sent (sent
Organisation of education
Intervision: students bring their experiences, exchange experiences under the guidance of the teacher.
Evaluation(s) for first exam chance
|Outside exam schedule||Integrated assessment||100,00||Zie evaluatiekaart op Chamilo. Om een credit te kunnen verwerven voor dit opleidingsonderdeel dient een kwaliteitsvolle reflectie over de future proof skills gemaakt te worden.
Evaluation(s) for re-sit exam
|Inside Regular exam schedule||Integrated assessment||100,00||Zie evaluatiekaart op Chamilo. Om een credit te kunnen verwerven voor dit opleidingsonderdeel dient een kwaliteitsvolle reflectie over de future proof skills, alsook een reflectie rond personal branding gemaakt te worden.
This course unit is marked out of 20 (rounded to an integer).
Re-sit exam: is possible.
Possible deadlines for learning account: 01.12.2021 () or 15.03.2022 ()