Is found in
- International Curriculum Business, Retail and Languages, programme stage 1
This is a single course unit.
Total study time: 100,00 hours
It is not possible to enrol in this course unit under
- exam contract (to obtain a credit).
- exam contract (to obtain a degree).
Special admission is required to enrol in this course unit under credit contract.
Co-ordinator: De Parade Loes
Scheduled for: Semester 1
|As an ambassador of the company or organization, and a connector in the company or organization, communicate in a service-oriented and creative manner in an intercultural, international and multidisciplinary context in Dutch, French, English and either German or Spanish (to be selected) with internal and external stakeholders with various profiles. (Dutch: CEFR level C2 / English: receptive skills CEFR level C1, productive skills level B2 / French: receptive skills CEFR level C1, productive skills level B2 / German or Spanish: CEFR level B1)
- Use the productive and receptive language skills purposefully in a general and professional context in English at the CEFR B1 level.
- Integrate the basic principles of emails and social media policy into his or her professional communication in English.
- Take care of business communication regarding purchase and sales in English.
- Describe and apply language structures in English correctly.
- In function of correct manners, email, social media policy and business communication: language skills (reading, listening, writing, interaction in a business and professional context of translation and communication), with attention for grammar, vocabulary, style and spelling
- Email and social media policy
- Business letters and emails:
- content: give and get information (written), quotations, orders
- context: everything is offered in the business and professional context of translation and communication
- Grammar: nouns, possessives, pronouns, articles, demonstratives, quantifiers, prepositions, adjectives, adverbs, tenses, future forms, modal verbs (to express politeness), word order, negatives, question forms, relative clauses
- Insight in language structures
- sentence structure: simple/compound/complex sentence, basic sentence analysis (subject, verbal group, necessary and unnecessary complements)
- word types: noun, adjective, adverb, pronoun, conjunction, preposition, verb, articles
- apply grammar and vocabulary correctly in a business context (oral and written)
- grammar: nouns, possessives, pronouns, articles, demonstratives, quantifiers, prepositions, adjectives, adverbs, tenses, future forms, modal verbs, word order, negatives, question forms, relative clauses
Organisation of education
Evaluation(s) for first exam chance
|Inside Regular exam schedule||Written examination||70,00||
|Outside exam schedule||Written examination||30,00||
Evaluation(s) for re-sit exam
|Inside Regular exam schedule||Written examination||100,00||
This course unit is marked out of 20 (rounded to an integer).
Re-sit exam: is possible.
Possible deadlines for learning account: 01.12.2020 ()